COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Different levels of your personal data may be collected by us, both on our Site and at our physical stores (including our boutiques):
- You will need to input certain personal data when registering with us on our Site, in order to receive various features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates, responses to your queries, and to participate in our private sales.
You can also log into our Site using sign in services that bridge your social media log in information with our Site. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal data with us such as your name and email address, to pre-populate the sign up form for our Site. These services give you the option to post information about your activities on the Site via your profile page to share with others within your personal network.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- To provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of such services). This includes responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our stores or on our Site, assessing your applications with us for any of our services, providing our Privilege Card to you, allowing you to participate in our events and promotions when you so wish.
- To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the “Marketing Communications” section below.
- Matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
- To analyse trends, usage and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences. For these purposes, we will use personal data about your gender, age, interests, geographical location, Site usage, shopping behaviour and other personal data.
OTHER POINTS OF NOTE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please also note that:
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential, except we may disclose your personal data to the following parties (who may be located, and use your personal data, outside of your country of residence): (a) our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies), (b) person or company (including third party agent or sub-contractor) who is acting for, on behalf of or jointly with us; or (c) our service providers who may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as, fulfilling orders, assisting with promotions and market surveys, providing technical services for the Site and applications software, etc. These service providers may have to be provided with access to personal information collected by us to perform such functions, but they may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
- We may also disclose and transfer (whether in your country of residence or abroad) to any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to your personal data in connection with a re-structuring of our business, and/or merger (as between us and a third party), sale, or transfer (whether of assets or shares, in whole or in part), to use, hold, process or retain such personal data for the Purposes.
- We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the Site, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
- If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services and features to you.
- Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us (c) use our reasonable efforts to procure to erase any data held by a third party if you choose to delete your account with us or terminate use of social media features.
COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS DATA FROM YOU
Separately, we may collect certain other data from you on our Site:
- We automatically collect data relating to your online session to provide our services to you, to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name.
- If you are browsing our Site, it may place a cookie on your computer that identifies your computer to us and allows us to personalise your shopping experience and provide you with various services (such as maintaining the content of your shopping cart). Cookies are small information files stored on your hard drive and are automatically accepted by most browsers. It does not allow us to access the rest of your computer or your personal data. Please change your browser’s settings if you do not wish to accept cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our Site if your browser does not accept cookies.
- Your name, phone number, email address and other contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, financial background and demographic data held by us may be used by us in direct marketing.
- Agnès b. HK Limited may provide your personal data as described above to Group Companies (including without limitation CMC agnès b.) for use by them for direct marketing purposes. The provision of such personal data by Agnès b. HK Limited is not for gain.
We may market to you our goods and services, and the goods and services of: (a) any Group Companies , (b) joint venture partners, and (c) other third party providers. Such marketing communications from us may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS, smartphone app push notifications, notifications on your social media pages, in –app messaging or postal mail.
- Such marketing communications from us may market or offer products or services (including special events and promotions) in the following categories: Dining, food and beverages, sports, music, film, television and other entertainment, clothing and accessories, jewellery, luggage and bags, cosmetics, personal health and hygiene, electronics, home furnishings, and housewares, automobiles, transport and travel, hotels, financial services, loyalty and reward programs, media services, entertainment services, social networking services, payment services, on-line advertising services, other e-commerce, information and communications and services, concierge services, and other products and services that we think may be relevant to you based on information you provide to us (for instance, via your participation in our surveys).
If you would like to receive news updates on our products, services and promotional events or other marketing materials or information about us, please indicate your consent by checking the tick box on the form you use to submit your personal information to us. If after providing us with your consent you decide you no longer want us to use your personal information in direct marketing, please let us know by contacting us at the email address listed at the end of this policy and we will desist.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, authorized disclosure of, or access to your personal data.
Our Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our Site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website(s) you visit.
The English version of this policy shall prevail in case of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions.
HOW TO CONTACT US